Vibrato with wheel
Started by Conrad

4 posts in this topic
Conrad

05-09-22, 05:05 -
Hi - is it possible to setup vibrato hooked up to the mod wheel? 
I want to adjust the amount of vibrato depending on how far I push it up - like on the Microkorg.

Kind regards,

Conrad
hansehv

168 posts 17 threads Joined: Dec 2020
05-09-22, 19:48 -
(05-09-22, 05:05)Conrad Wrote: Hi - is it possible to setup vibrato hooked up to the mod wheel? 
I want to adjust the amount of vibrato depending on how far I push it up - like on the Microkorg.
Hi Conrad,
I you want this as a system default, change the CCmap.csv in the config directory (or samplerbox directory if insert the SD in a PC) and change
Code:
ModWheel    Fixed    WahPedal    Continuous
to
Code:
ModWheel    Fixed    VibrDepth    Continuous
Have a look in the rest of the file+Controllers.csv and Topology: integrate your midi device in all these mappings on the "more info" page for more ways of adapting samplerbox to your midi device.
Regards, Hans
Conrad

05-09-22, 22:26 -
(05-09-22, 19:48)hansehv Wrote:
(05-09-22, 05:05)Conrad Wrote: Hi - is it possible to setup vibrato hooked up to the mod wheel? 
Hi Conrad,
I you want this as a system default, change the CCmap.csv in the config directory (or samplerbox directory if insert the SD in a PC) and change
Code:
to
Code:
Have a look in the rest of the file+Controllers.csv and Topology: integrate your midi device in all these mappings on the "more info" page for more ways of adapting samplerbox to your midi device.
Regards, Hans
Thanks so much Hans - I read the article, but it would have taken me a while to work that one out.

Kind regards,
Conrad
Conrad

06-09-22, 22:40 -
(05-09-22, 22:26)Conrad Wrote:
(05-09-22, 19:48)hansehv Wrote: Hi Conrad,
Code:
to
Code:
Regards, Hans
Thanks so much Hans - I read the article, but it would have taken me a while to work that one out.

Kind regards,
Conrad

Hi Hans, I set that, but it didn't work. I'll have to try with my M-Audio keyboard to see if it makes a difference. I have a Launchkey Mk3 - 49. It didn't have the WahWah sound either before so something is up with the CC message. 
hansehv

168 posts 17 threads Joined: Dec 2020
07-09-22, 20:36 -
Hi Conrad,
It's indeed related to the CC-message.
In the distribution, the label=name "modwheel" is related to CC-message=1 in the Controllers.CSV - as this is the midi standard. Perhaps your device is setup differently ?
The distribution has the "midimon" command to trace the midi messages you device sends.
And the wahsound is available, no matter you control depth with the wheel.
But as any effect, it needs to be turned on via a control, button or gui before you can hear any of the changes of its nature.
Neither Wah or Vibrato are turned on or off when the depth setting is changed.
Hans