sampler panning
Started by basuramail

3 posts in this topic
basuramail

2 posts 1 threads Joined: May 2022
25-05-22, 06:19 -
Hi everyone,

I'm a fan of samplerbox project. I'm "recycling" a 1988 Roland Pad-80 Octapad, yes I want put the samplerbox inside this old thing and make it sound like a Roland SPD SX, yes, I found all wav libraries on roland webpage :-)

But my simple question is how to control the right, left pan channel for a samplers? which parameter should I use on definition.txt?

In advance thank you very much for your help

B.
hansehv

168 posts 17 threads Joined: Dec 2020
25-05-22, 21:07 -
Hi basuramail,

(25-05-22, 06:19)basuramail Wrote: how to control the right, left pan channel for a samplers? which parameter should I use on definition.txt?
On current image (Sbox220206) this is not possible.
Coincidentally I already created not long ago for creating drum kits from mono samples  Cool
So it will be included in next release.
Code:
%pan, possible values: 1-127
This gives the panorama position of the sound. Useful to position mono samples in the stereo spectrum. Starting with 1=left it turns to right=127, so center is 64
It's in the stable part of next release which is on GitHub in the masterbranch
See the hardware and software paragraph in the Build It chapter for applying it on current image.
Steps 1 till 4 apply here (so 5 isn't needed).
But you can also wait for the new image ofcourse.
(25-05-22, 06:19)basuramail Wrote: I'm a fan of samplerbox project. I'm "recycling" a 1988 Roland Pad-80 Octapad, yes I want put the samplerbox inside this old thing and make it sound like a Roland SPD SX, yes, I found all wav libraries on roland webpage :-)
Good to hear from fans  Smile

As it happens I own a Roland SPD-8 for over 25 years. This is one of the first octapad based pads with included sounds.
These sounds are very basic so I replaced it later with an SPD-20, while keeping the old one.
Starting samplerbox I rehabilitated the SPD-8 as Octapad = using the midi features only.

It won't surprise you that I am very interested in the roland webpage; could you please share the url ?

Regards, Hans
This post was last modified: 25-05-22, 21:17 by hansehv.
hansehv

168 posts 17 threads Joined: Dec 2020
27-05-22, 22:31 -
(25-05-22, 21:07)hansehv Wrote:
(25-05-22, 06:19)basuramail Wrote: make it sound like a Roland SPD SX, yes, I found all wav libraries on roland webpage :-)
I am very interested in the roland webpage; could you please share the url ?
Hi basuramail,
If you mean the Sampling CD on this page I found it myself.  Cool
basuramail

2 posts 1 threads Joined: May 2022
29-05-22, 22:10 -
(27-05-22, 22:31)hansehv Wrote:
(25-05-22, 21:07)hansehv Wrote: I am very interested in the roland webpage; could you please share the url ?
Hi basuramail,
If you mean the Sampling CD on this page I found it myself.  Cool

Hi Hansehv and thank you very much for your reply, jup I will wait a for the new release, hopefully comes out soon, jep putting the samplers on a stereo panoramic field will recreate a more natural stereo sound of a drum kit.

The url is the same, that I found too on roland page. The samplers need a little bit edition, some of them are too long. Maybe the batch processor part of iZotope RX 9 will make this job easier.

[url=https://www.thomann.de/de/izotope_rx_9_advanced.htm][/url]cheers B.
This post was last modified: 29-05-22, 22:10 by basuramail.