pitchbend
Started by douwe

3 posts in this topic
douwe

13-06-21, 13:36 -
So i've just set up Samplerbox on my Raspberry Pi 3B with Pisound hat.
It works perfectly except for one thing.
When i use pitchbend this weird thing happens;
When i let go of a note while my pitchbend wheel is still up, instead of the sound just stopping it reverts back to the original pitch and plays another short note. This really gets in the way sometimes since i use pitchbend a lot for making melodies more expressive and all these extra little notes make my melodies quite messy. 
does every-/anybody else experience this and does anybody know a way to fix this?
Thanks in advance Smile
hansehv

168 posts 17 threads Joined: Dec 2020
13-06-21, 20:10 -
Hi Douwe,
If you release a key, the sound will release = die out naturally = last a very short time.
If the pitch bend wheel is released during that short period, you get the effect as described, because the reset of the pitch is instantly. So just hold the pitch wheel a little bit longer or adapt the %release parameter (though this will effect the natural sound of the instrument).
Hans

19-06-21, 12:33 -
(13-06-21, 20:10)hansehv Wrote: Hi Douwe,
If you release a key, the sound will release = die out naturally = last a very short time.
If the pitch bend wheel is released during that short period, you get the effect as described, because the reset of the pitch is instantly. So just hold the pitch wheel a little bit longer or adapt the %release parameter (though this will effect the natural sound of the instrument).
Hans

The releasing of the pitchbend occurs regardless of how long i hold the pitch wheel, The pitchbend seems to reset with every noteoff message.
Setting a very short release time does get rid of my pitchbend issues, though it isn't an ideal solution since a lot of sounds do need a bit of release to sound natural/good. I've tried it with different midi controllers and it keeps happening. Is there some kind of config setting i'm overlooking maybe?
hansehv

168 posts 17 threads Joined: Dec 2020
19-06-21, 22:14 -
Hi Douwe,
I can't reproduce nor understand - note-on/off and pitch bend have no relation as far as I know/remember and (re)checked till now.
The box reacts on pitchbend messages received and subsequently retunes all active sounds originated from the master keyboard range regardless of note-off/on.
So from this distance I'd say there is some other device in your setup generating/sending a pitchbend (value 63) message for some reason.
However, that doesn't make much sense either, so conclusion is I have no clue for now.
Hans
PS. Please follow guideline dot#6 = only quote relevant info.
This post was last modified: 20-06-21, 01:01 by hansehv.