My SamplerBox Build (with pictures)
Started by InactiveX

2 posts in this topic
InactiveX

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Mar 2023
13-03-23, 09:22 -
Hello to everyone here! I'm a new member.

Here's my SamplerBox, which I finished last week after having discovered the project a couple of months ago.

I wanted a box that was self-contained and stand-alone. External USB was not necessary for me. I use the ethernet port on the back to SSH into SamplerBox and FTP to load samples, using FileZilla. This way, the box never needs to be opened for all normal use, including sample transfers.

It was built inside the enclosure from an old Korg KR Mini drumbox. I drilled holes and installed all the sockets, and modified the internal cables for the shortest of runs. It's all screened inside to minimise any electrical noise.

The MIDI control board is one taken from a MIO 1-in 1-out USB MIDI cable. I soldered straight onto the board. The DAC is a cheapo USB interface from eBay, with the cover removed and output wires soldered to the board. The Raspberry Pi 2 is held in place with some scavenged parts of a Piromoni case.

Hope you all like it!

[Image: SB01.jpg]

[Image: SB02.jpg]

[Image: SB03.jpg]

[Image: SB04.jpg]

[Image: SB05.jpg]

[Image: SB06.jpg]

[Image: SB07.jpg]

[Image: SB08.jpg]

[Image: SB09.jpg]

[Image: SB10.jpg]

[Image: SB11.jpg]

[Image: SB12.jpg]

[Image: SB13.jpg]
This post was last modified: 13-03-23, 09:27 by InactiveX.
bbishop

33 posts 7 threads Joined: May 2021
13-03-23, 15:45 -
(13-03-23, 09:22)InactiveX Wrote: Hello to everyone here! I'm a new member.

Here's my SamplerBox, which I finished last week after having discovered the project a couple of months ago.

I wanted a box that was self-contained and stand-alone. External USB was not necessary for me. I use the ethernet port on the back to SSH into SamplerBox and FTP to load samples, using FileZilla. This way, the box never needs to be opened for all normal use, including sample transfers.

that looks great and very road worthy! what a great idea to repurpose the drum machine enclosure
InactiveX

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Mar 2023
15-03-23, 18:49 -
Thanks! I reckon it's pretty sturdy, and very lightweight so it ought to be able to take a knock.