Tweaker Box
Started by bbishop

0 posts in this topic
bbishop

33 posts 7 threads Joined: May 2021
25-02-23, 19:06 -
With all my messing around with samplerbox I never got around to putting it in an actual box... Until now. I went a little overboard and made a case with my specific needs in mind, and ended up with something closer to a cyberdeck. 

I used PiSound for the soundcard (maybe the only instrument suitable pi soundcard available), and included a 7 inch DSI display next to an LCD display and buttons (engraved a simple circuit board at work for those). USB ports and the SD card slot have all been put on extensions for more convenient locations on the case. I had to solder a header onto the pisound card for connecting the LCD character display and buttons, I would have preferred to have stuck with OLED I already had but the ports weren't available. 

It's all laser cut acrylic (scrap pieces from work), and super glued together. Very solid feeling. I'm also able to swap out the OS with the patch box/pisound one for a bit of experimentation. 

I'm linking some high resolution pics below

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rwvSWUFq7nRTu8eM9

I got the itch to work on this again mostly because of my frustrations with a eurorack/synth module that is supposed to handle multisamples but just randomly glitches out, and samplerbox is still really the only alternative. I've now been running it into my modular synth using a stereo splitter cable, and having all sorts of fun

I should mention that I’m not currently running my samplerbox/Pure Data hybrid OS, I could never get past the latency issues of running one into another, but running samplerbox directly into modular synth gives me a lot of experimentation options, and with the built in display future messaging about should be very easy.
This post was last modified: 25-02-23, 19:12 by bbishop.