I am very confused..pls HELP!!! AUDIO DAC
Started by dimitris73

1 posts in this topic
dimitris73

2 posts 2 threads Joined: Feb 2023
10-02-23, 19:53 -
Hello,

I installed samplerbox 20220206 and was working fine but with a lot of glitches and pops with a simple usb audio card.I dicided to buy an audio hat for better quality. 
I bought an audio hat iqaudio dac+ and i must edit configuration.txt but this file does not exist (or I cannot find it) in this version of samplerbox.
Can you please tell me what to do?...I dont know alot about pi.
PLS help!!!

Thanks for your time.
Huh Huh Huh
cris bar

14 posts 4 threads Joined: Aug 2021
18-02-23, 21:27 -
(10-02-23, 19:53)dimitris73 Wrote: Hello,

I installed samplerbox 20220206 and was working fine but with a lot of glitches and pops with a simple usb audio card.I dicided to buy an audio hat for better quality. 
I bought an audio hat iqaudio dac+ and i must edit configuration.txt but this file does not exist (or I cannot find it) in this version of samplerbox.
Can you please tell me what to do?...I dont know alot about pi.
PLS help!!!

Thanks for your time.
Huh Huh Huh

Hello

You need to know a bit of linux commands to access the file. As i recall, it should be accesible from the "home"directory.
You can find basics on linux commands in this article. the one that you want most to use are: cd (for change directory), ls (for listing files in a given directory) and sudo (for doing thing with superuser privilege)
First you have to make your partition writable. This samplerbox distribution uses command "RO" for "read only" and "RW" for Rewrite.
So, write the "RW" comand, and you'll be ready to locate your file an write changes.
Then you can edit the file it with NANO, wich is like a text editor.

Use it like this:
Code:
sudo nano configuration.txt
Then you can change the parameters inside the file and save it.

After changes are made, turn the partition for Read only mode using: "ro". and reboot.
Good luck!