I cannot hear any sound from SB
Started by Mio

2 posts in this topic
Mio

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Jul 2022
21-07-22, 20:21 -
I started approaching SB with a new PI 4. Some things seem to work but i do not get sound.
Setup:
  • PI 4, 1GB RAM
  • 220206 Image from this website
  • No Configuration changes but for wifi settings. All other settings untouched
  • No additional USB stick
  • My Midi-Device (MalletStation) is detected and can be monitored with midimon
  • Onboard audio, additionally tested USB Audio Device
  • Tested with and without HDMI display connection
  • Tested headphone at onboard audio jack, Display and USB Audio Device 
With this configuration i do not get audio to my ears.
Any tipps available here?
Jeff

23-07-22, 12:20 -
+1 for this! I’ve been using a pi 4b with 4gb RAM and an Arturia keystep. I don’t get any audio from the default patches initially.

HOWEVER: when I keep mashing the keys, I get occasional short bursts of noise. I also left the pi running for an hour and when I went to play it, it worked! Strange behaviour.

Any help would be much appreciated! I tried changing some of the relevant looking settings in the config and configuration files but they didn’t help.

Many thanks
Mio

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Jul 2022
24-07-22, 09:10 -
(21-07-22, 20:21)Mio Wrote: I started approaching SB with a new PI 4. Some things seem to work but i do not get sound.
Setup:
  • PI 4, 1GB RAM
  • 220206 Image from this website
  • No Configuration changes but for wifi settings. All other settings untouched
  • No additional USB stick
  • My Midi-Device (MalletStation) is detected and can be monitored with midimon
  • Onboard audio, additionally tested USB Audio Device
  • Tested with and without HDMI display connection
  • Tested headphone at onboard audio jack, Display and USB Audio Device 
With this configuration i do not get audio to my ears.
Any tipps available here?

Finally i found a solution. As i was able to see incoming signals from my controler i assumed the audio device to be the problem.

In my configuration.txt the name of the audio device was set to the default value "Detect". I wanted to change this to the name of my audio device connected bia USB. So i connected to the system (in my case with shell via ssl) and called 
arecord -l
which is listing all audio devices found by the system. I took over the name of my device and changed "Detect" to the device name. 
I rebooted and after 20 seconds it started making sound via the aduio device and the connected headphones :-)