SamplerBox and Pure Data: Theory and Practice
Started by bbishop

14 posts in this topic
bbishop

33 posts 7 threads Joined: May 2021
31-12-21, 04:53 -
(31-12-21, 00:30)hansehv Wrote: Hi Bryan,
Well, I think you could use the internal midi through of the PI and route the midi through of samplerbox to that.

Code:
keyboard -> samplerbox with through enabled for port14 -> alsa through (port14) -> PD reading 14
We'll have to sacrifice the internal midiplayer which is not a big loss in this case imho (just a choice depending interests / usage approach of SB which differ a lot, again imho). Background: the smfplayer is a separate thread writing to alsa midi through (port14), which in turn is opened by samplerbox as input. I'm suggesting to do the opposite here..
Perhaps I can help you (& even should in order to keep your extension compatible with future development) with the samplerbox part. For the PD it means you'll have to open port 14 similar as what samplerbox does for the smfplayer. You may have figure out the specific way for opening the alsa through port in PD.
This way you leave detection of the midi input to samplerbox and get  a CC of that in PD.
Please feedback whether we're on same page here, so I can start thinking of making the SB part.
Hans

This makes the most sense to me, as samplerbox is very good at auto detecting midi controllers, and I believe there's a way for me to include a connection to a known controller at loading in PD (so port 14), what I read about it was a bit confusing but I'll figure it out. The midi player is not a big loss to me because I prefer to work with external sequencers anyways

Messages In This Thread
RE: SamplerBox and Pure Data: Theory and Practice - by bbishop - 31-12-21, 04:53