Pure Data implementation experiment (original post)
Started by bbishop

3 posts in this topic
bbishop

33 posts 7 threads Joined: May 2021
26-05-21, 19:10 -
a little update and a little progress...

(appologies if this is getting annoying)

I did what I said and started fresh last night, flashing the latest image to my sd card 
(btw the samples partition was still not recognized by windows, not sure if thats an issue on my end, I used the raspberry pi imaging software so maybe it's that, or maybe I caught a bug!)

tested my initial config to make sure I have the audio card working

wrote a new (simple, only uses 2% cpu) test patch and copied it over, reinstalled pd, started alsa loopback and edited configuration.txt to set the correct (virtual) audio device,
wrote my little boot up script, which goes as follows:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
# This script will start Pd in nogui
# mode and will open the patch
# named "boottest.pd"
echo "Starting Pd..."

#start aconnect, list devices to double check midi device numbers..
aconnect -l

#start loopback to create our virtual soundcards
modprobe snd-aloop

#list alsa devices to double check that loopback is on, also used for configuring samplerbox's audio out
aplay -l

#launch pd with our file and settings, and list devices to check our devices (make sure audio dev matches what pd says what num loopback is.. which doesnt seem to match aplay listing,
#and that midi matches what aconnect says)
pd -nogui -r 44100 -alsa -audiodev 7 -audiobuff 80 -blocksize 64 -channels 2 -alsamidi -mididev 20 -listdev -open /boot/boottest.pd &

rebooted, but still no audio, pd is giving an "unable to sync A / D / A ". it was getting late again so I called it quits for the night.

I'm thinking I'm not fully grasping setting up loopback, or I have audio settings wrong in pd, but still feels like progress!

for those that are interested I'm including a copy of my patch and a screen grab, its just a modified example from the help directory. turns the audio on and plays a tone on startup, as well as audio in for recieving the samplerbox signal. midi transpose and a volume cc, so I'd know immediately if either audio or midi is working.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   boottest.zip (Size: 928 bytes / Downloads: 0)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pure Data implementation experiment - by bbishop - 26-05-21, 19:10