HomSpace Forum

Full Version: How to Control output-instument with drumpads/MIDI-controllerI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ep777

Hi there.

Fist of all : Thanks for the great work you are doing.
I started a few days ago with this Project, looks like you did a great job.

My problem now:
I tried to control the instuments/samplefolders with MIDI-controler instead of GPIO-Buttons, but did not not get it to work.

As eg. the MIDI Pad1 is Ch10, CC#36 , and Pad2 CC#37 i want to use pad1 as "-"-Button and pad2 as "+"-Button

I am not sure , what exactly to edit in the configuration.txt and which other files to edit, an i could not find the related information.

In configuratio.txt i set:
DRUMPAD_CHANNEL = 10
DRUMPAD_PROGRAMCHANGE = True
DRUMPAD_CONTROLCHANGE = False

Note : When using as CC the pads are working fine as music-Keys, when defined in the controllerCCs.csv and in the CCmap.csv

No my question: 
What do i have to edit in the controllerCCs.csv and in the CCmap.csv to control the output-instrument?
What else did i forget? 
I really would be interested in, how the definition of the changing of the samplefolder or other (software-) commands are done.

Thanks in advance.

EP
Hi ep777,
There are several ways to achieve this, so to be able to say what you have to change, can you please attach:
  • keynotes.csv
  • ccmap.csv
  • notemap.csv
Ofcourse if you override the system csv's in the sample set: please both.
Since file uploads go one by one, it's easier to zip them first; this forum does allow that Smile

Hope I can help you, Noek